Tianqi Lithium is building a world’s leading plant dedicated to producing high quality lithium hydroxide. The plant is located in Kwinana WA and will process high grade spodumene sources form Talison Lithium Greenbushes.
“Estimated to create 500 local construction jobs and 115 local full-time production jobs when complete in late 2018, the plant will process spodumene concentrate from the Greenbushes mine in Western Australia, to produce 24,000 tonnes per annum (tpa) of lithium hydroxide for the manufacture of lithium batteries.”
In October 2016 Tianqi appointed MSP Engineering as the main contractor for delivering the 24,000 tpa Lithium hydroxide plant.
Late 2016 MSPE awarded major supply contracts for long lead items. FLSMidth was awarded the Calciner kiln and cooler while Metso received Acid Roast Kiln and Cooler. The crystallisers went to GEA. Georgiou Group was awarded the bulk earthworks contract.
- STAGE 2 CONSTRUCTION HAS COMMENCED – 19th December 2017
- SMP AWARD TO PACIFIC INDUSTRIAL COMPAN – 15th September 2017
- DELIVERY OF FIRST TANK PACKAGES TO SITE – 5th September 2017
- DELIVERY OF FIRST MAJOR HEAVY ROTATING EQUIPMENT – 4th September 2017
- APPROVAL FOR FEASIBILITY STUDY AND PRE-INVESTMENT FOR STAGE 2 OF KWINANA LHPP – 20th June 2017
- AWARD OF STRUCTURAL STEEL CONTRACT – 2nd June 2017
- AWARD OF MAJOR BUILDING CONTRACT – 18th April 2017
- AWARD OF TANK MANUFACTURE CONTRACT – 18th April 2017
- AWARD OF MAJOR CIVIL CONTRACT – 15th March 2017
- LITHIUM HYDROXIDE PROCESSING PLANT PROJECT – KWINANA, WESTERN AUSTRALIA (TLA LHPP PROJECT) – 8th February 2017
For detailed News release please visit Tianqi Australia website: http://tianqilithium.com.au/
Low Emission & Technology Minerals Conference 2017 – Tianqi Lithium Presentation
Channel 9 News – Saturday 8th July 2017
Tianqi’s Plants in China
One of Tianqi’s flagship lithium production bases, the Shehong Plantwas founded in October 1995, and is located atShehong County, center of northern Chengdu-Chongqing Economic Zone in Sichuan Province. As Tianqi’s inaugural lithium production facility, this plant has a long technical history and produces diverse and high-value-added lithium productsfor a global customer base.
Zhangjiagang, Jiangsu Province, is the world’s leadingbattery-gradelithium carbonate manufacturing plant. The plant has a designcapacity of 17,000 metric tonnes per annum of lithium carbonate,with a staff level at 180. The plant was completed in March2012, Tianqi Lithium acquired its facility in the first half of 2015.
This plant is located in national industrial park—Chongqing Tongliang Industrial Park. It is a professional research and development, production, and sales of lithium metal and lithium alloy new materials of high-tech.The production of lithium metal achieves 400 tonnes per annum.
To find out more visit: http://www.tianqilithium.com/en/index.aspx